- Our sites at www.deblur.co.uk and any website we control in relation to our work and technology development services (“Site”);
Please read the following carefully to understand Deblur’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how Deblur will treat it.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, we are the data controller.
Personal information collection
Deblur may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site.
- Profile information relating to the data that you input into the Site (including any pictures, comments and status updates).
- If you contact Deblur, Deblur may keep a record of that correspondence. Deblur may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Technical information Deblur collects automatically when you visit our Site, including but not limited to the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type and version, and your browser plug in types and versions.
- Information about your use of the Site which Deblur collects automatically, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Account Information – this is the information on the use of your account related to your use of the Site.
The Site may use certain cookies from time to time. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that Deblur stores on your browser. This allows Deblur to remember your user preferences for future visits to Deblur’s Site. Deblur is entitled to use such information within Deblur’s legitimate interests, as this helps Deblur to provide you with the best experience when you browse and also allows Deblur to improve the Site. You can change your website browser settings to reject cookies at any time.
Using personal information
Deblur may use your personal information as follows:
- provide you with information you request from Deblur;
- provide profile information publicly, or to other users of the service or social media providers, on your request;
- provide you with the services Deblur provide through the Site (“Services”) and any relevant support for your use of the Service;
- use Registration Information in relation to setting up your account to enable Deblur to provide Service and personalise your experience through the Site;
- provide and to help maintain, protect and improve the Site and Service, and to notify you about changes to them;
- use Device Information to tie the Device to the user of the Device and the related account;
- ensure that content from Site and content produced by the Services, is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or Device;
- administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting and testing;
- use Account Information for the purposes of statistical analysis of the use of Site and Service, including the creation of anonymised data which Deblur may provide to third parties;
- use limited registration information (name, email and telephone numbers) for reviews of the Site and Service, and for internal marketing purposes; and
Basis for using personal information
Deblur is entitled to use your data as described in paragraphs 1 and 2 above as Deblur is responding to your request and therefore has your consent to this processing.
Deblur is entitled to use your data as described in paragraphs 3, 4, 5 and 6 as Deblur requires to do this as part of our agreement with you to provide the Services.
Deblur is entitled to use your data as described in paragraphs 7, 8, 9 and 10 above as the purposes stated are within Deblur’s legitimate interests, including the creation and use of anonymised data to be used by Deblur to improve our Services, and provide such data to third parties, and in order detect any illegal activity. We do not believe that these legitimate interests override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Disclosure of your information
Deblur may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In order for Deblur to register you to, deliver to you and allow you to use the Services.
- If you request Deblur to provide your profile information to social media providers.
- If Deblur is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- In the event that Deblur sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Deblur may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets to the extent this cannot reasonably be redacted.
- If Deblur or substantially all of Deblur’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets to the extent this cannot reasonably be redacted.
Basis for disclosure
Deblur is entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraph 1 above as Deblur is required to do this as part of our agreement with you to provide the service.
Deblur is entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraph 2 above as Deblur is responding to your request and therefore has your consent to this processing.
Deblur is entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraph 3 on the basis that Deblur is legally required to do so.
Deblur is entitled to disclose your data as described in paragraphs 4, 5 and 6 above as the purposes stated are all within Deblur’s legitimate interests.
Securing your data
All information you provide to Deblur is stored on secure servers and Deblur will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Deblur will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers based in the EU. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Deblur will do its best to protect your personal data, Deblur cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Deblur’s Site and any transmission is at your own risk.
How long we will store your personal data
Deblur only stores your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was obtained or for any additional purpose Deblur has explained to you.
Under data protection legislation you may have a number of rights in respect of information held about you. These rights are as follows, and can be exercised in accordance with the applicable legislation:
- Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the information Deblur holds about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Ensuring accuracy of information: Deblur wants to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask Deblur to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require Deblur to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require Deblur to restrict Deblur’s use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified Deblur that the information Deblur holds about you is incorrect and you would like Deblur to stop using such information until Deblur has verified that it is accurate. Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive personal data Deblur holds about you in a format that enables you to transfer such information to another data controller (e.g. such as another service provider).
- Review by an independent authority: You will always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. The relevant authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: Deblur does not sell your personal data. From time to time, Deblur may send emails containing information about new features and other news about us. This is considered direct marketing. You have the right to stop Deblur from contacting you for these purposes. Deblur will always inform you if Deblur intends to use your personal data for such purposes, or if Deblur intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can usually exercise your right to prevent such marketing by checking certain boxes on the forms Deblur uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to Deblur’s use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to Deblur’s use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You may do this by contacting us at email@example.com.
Updating this policy
This Site may contain links to other websites.
Deblur is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.